Le Monde Editorial wishes to present in its publications a selection of testimonials, in the form of writings, photographs and videos (hereinafter, jointly or separately, “Contribution(s)”) freely sent to it by Internet users. .
Content of the Contribution
Your Contribution must comply with current legislation, in particular the law of July 29, 1881 on freedom of the press, articles 9 and 9-1 of the civil code on the right to privacy and respect for the presumption of innocence and the provisions of the intellectual property code. No Contribution contrary to law may be published.
Careful spelling and formatting is required (no capitalized text, no abbreviations, or “SMS” type writing).
You must be the author of the texts, photographs and videos that you send as part of your Contribution, or have the authorization of their author for their publication under the conditions defined here. You should always mention the name of the author, as well as the date and place where their photographic or video documents were taken, and write a descriptive caption.
Your Contribution must be signed with your first and last name. Requests for anonymity in the event of publication will be examined on a case-by-case basis by the editorial staff of the Société Éditrice du Monde.
Le Monde Publishing House reserves the right to reject any Contribution, or to remove any previously published Contribution, for any reason, in particular if:
- it is against the law (racism, call to violence or hatred, defamation, pornography, pedophilia, sexism, homophobia, etc.).
- it is contrary to the rules of conduct of Monde.fr and of the other publications in question (bad spelling, statement not in accordance with the requested topic, bad form, etc.).
- its subject matter or form is of little interest to readers, Le Monde’s editorial being the sole decision-maker.
- has already been proposed and published or is similar to a recently published testimonial.
- contains the representation or designation of an identifiable natural person, in particular a minor.
- contains a representation of a work that may be copyrighted by a third party without the third party’s permission.
- contains photographs or videos of insufficient technical quality (blurry photos, illegible or low-definition videos, inaudible soundtrack, etc.), Le Monde Editorial being solely responsible for making this decision.
Rules applicable to the Contribution
By participating in this call for testimonials, you authorize the publication of all or part of your Contribution on the Le Monde.fr website, in Le Monde newspaper, in M le Magazine du Monde and/or in any other publication or site. where the Le Monde Publishing Company publishes editorial content (Facebook, Twitter, Digiteka, Instagram, etc., worldwide, for the duration of the publication in question).
The publisher of Le Monde is free to publish or not the Contributions that are proposed to it.
Your response to the call for testimonials, as well as your authorization for the possible exploitation of your Contribution, is given free of charge and may not give rise to any compensation or gratuity or payment of any kind, in any capacity.
The information collected in the questionnaire is recorded in a computerized file by the editorial of Le Monde, and is communicated only to the journalists at the origin of the call to testimony and to the technical teams in charge of managing the treatment.
They will only be used in the context of this call for testimonials. The data associated with a Contribution is kept for a maximum of two years. You can access the data that concerns you, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data, withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.
To exercise these rights or for any questions about the processing of your data on this device, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the cnil.fr website for more information on your rights.